What is Employee Learning Week?
The Association for Talent Development (ATD) created Employee Learning Week (ELW) as an awareness campaign highlighting the important connection between learning and achieving organizational results.
Who can participate?
All organizations are encouraged to recognize Employee Learning Week by rededicating themselves to employee learning and highlighting its link to organization results.
Do you have to be a member of ATD to participate?
Absolutely not! All organizations are encouraged to recognize ELW.
What can I do to recognize it?
ELW is the perfect opportunity to focus on your own learning and skills development. Here are a few ideas:
- Attend a program that will help you enhance your skills
- Join and become active in a professional organization
- Become a mentor
- Learn more about training opportunities in your industry and community
If I am in the learning & development department, what can my organization do that week?
It doesn't have to be complicated. Here are some ideas:
- Highlight existing learning programs in your organization
- Remind employees about tuition reimbursement benefits
- Hold “lunch and learn” sessions to remind employees about training opportunities
- Start an employee learning awards program in your organization
- Send an email to employees each day of the week with a new learning tip
- Involve senior executives in recognizing the value learning brings to the organization