There is something very satisfying about being a do-it-yourselfer. Whether it’s sewing on buttons, baking a birthday cake, or fixing the fence after a storm, do-it-yourselfing is often frugal common sense.
So, why not bring that frugal common sense into your training department? What if I told you that you can construct engaging videos and games … without blowing through your budget?
In this session we will discuss:
About the Speaker:
- Free, low cost, software you can use to construct training videos such as:
- Windows Live Movie Maker for creating movies
- Snag It for on screen demos pictures
- Audacity for recording and editing sound
- PowerPoint for creating animations
- GIMP for picture editing
- Creating simple games with Indirect PowerPoints
- Creating a private Wordpress site to store your training material for easy access
Emma Wolfe is a Learning and Communications Specialist at Irex Corporation, a commercial Contracting Group with corporate headquarters in Lancaster, PA. She has received her Masters in English with a focus on Digital Rhetoric at Old Dominion University where she took several courses that have inspired her love for communicating through digital media.
New Member/Prospective Member Meet & Greet:
We'd like to invite you to join us just prior to the event at 8:30am for our New Member/Prospective Member Meet & Greet.
This is a great way to connect with other new members and discuss the value that membership with our chapter can offer YOU. Additionally, we will have people from our Membership team there to answer any questions you may have about the chapter.
When you check in, just let our greeter know you are interested in joining the Meet & Greet, and he or she will direct you. We hope to see you there!